I'm still here! Life lately.
Hi friends! Woah, I can't believe it's been almost a month since I posted here. Just dropping a quick post to let you know I'm still here, haven't given up on my blog, and am not going anywhere!! I've had an intense month in many ways, and truly have had to preserve the little energy that I have at the end of the day. But alas, it's summer, we are starting to sleep...and we had salad from our garden tonight. So life, it's pretty darn great right now.
I almost wrote a post last week (when I was in a real funk/postpartum hormonal shift/in need of some sleep, sun and alone time) sharing that I was going to take the summer off from posting here. And you know what, I still might. I'm giving myself that option if I need it. But, I love this space, this community, and writing. I think it's a great outlet for me so for now, I am going to continue to try and post every couple of weeks...but, I am giving myself lots of grace this summer, and hope to fall more in to a routine come fall. So if you hear from me less, just know I'm doing what I need to do for me and my family. The only place I consistently post is on IG stories - it's just the easiest, and most fun. Two things I'm a big fan of these days.
Quick life recap!
1. Huge changes on the home front. Finn has moved from a crib to a bed. Is done with diapers (we didn't "train" him, we just waited until he was ready and because of that, it was the smoothest transition I could imagine). Rye has moved from our room after 5 months, to her own room. This was such a hard decision, but goodness I'm glad we did it because it's been the BEST thing for all of us. We've been busy!
2. I'm finally #kondoing our house! After reading her book a couple years ago, and watching the Netflix series, we really went for it this past weekend. I am SO DONE with how much time and energy it takes to manage stuff - so we are seriously, seriously committed to having less of it.
3. I've had to seriously step back from my life and evaluate how I'm spending my time...and my energy. Mostly my energy. I've had to be super intentional with how I use my time, I've had to say no a lot (mostly to my very busy mind that wants to do do DO more!). Slowing down and doing less - this part of my life has forced me in to it, and honestly it's been really good for me.
4. Because I have so little time to work these days (once Rye starts consistently napping, I'll be golden. Oh wait, then summer vacation comes!), I've had to be so conscious about what I do with my work time. My Beautycounter business comes first because: it fuels me, it's a significant stream of income for my family, and I've worked to hard to get where I am and I won't let it go. But I'm going to get some help on making some improvements here to the blog, so stay tuned!
5. I'm reading a book I LOVE called Do Less by Kate Northup. Can't recommend it enough!
Also, I'll just be over here with all the feels from our recent photo sesh with the incredible Bridget Hunt.
Thanks for reading, happy summer, I hope you're well!!