Starting something back up again is not always easy, right?! Whether it’s getting back to the gym, committing to yoga once a week, making time to start up meal planning - once we’ve taken a break from something, it can be really hard to get ourselves to jump in and start again!
That’s how I’m feeling about writing posts for my blog. The host for this blog, Wix, had a total makeover to the back end where I create and design my posts. It's REALLY different, and so it's just been easier to ignore and not learn how to use! Change can really throw us for a loop!
I give myself (and the women on my team) the advice, “do a little something for your business everyday” because otherwise you’re going to have a hard time getting back into it. Well, I didn’t take my own advice and I’m really feeling it. But, there is nothing like a new month, a clean slate to reset and start over.
One of the many things having 2 children has taught me, is how much I need to slow down. It’s easy for me to say, but much harder to do. So one of the ways I am try to make slowing down and being present a part of my life? A warm mid afternoon drink. No alcohol, usually no caffeine, but the ritual of making myself a drink mid afternoon actually is much more enjoyable than the whole morning coffee thing right now. I am way more in need of respite early to mid afternoon than I am in the morning, and have a much better chance of actually being able to drink the drink I make while it’s warm!
October hits and I’m making either Buttered Hot Cocoa or a Creamy Molasses Latte on the reg. But like many of you, I like pumpkin flavored things! But not the too sweet, in your face pumpkin. I much prefer the light creamy, slightly cinnamon and clove tastes. So here’s just that - all warm and cozy in a mug!
Creamy Pumpkin Latte
1 cup milk of choice
2 TBSP pumpkin (I usually use this)
¾ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 TBSP maple syrup (or raw honey)
1. Heat all ingredients - milk, pumpkin, spices, vanilla and syrup/honey over medium heat. Whisk constantly (so milk doesn’t burn) for 3-5 minutes.
2. Once hot to the touch, remove from heat but keep in pot. If you have a hand frother, froth it up! Of course you don’t need a frother, but it definitely makes it a little more fun to drink with a layer of froth on top :)
3. Pour into a mug that makes you happy to drink from, sit down and enjoy!
- Make one for your partner, friend or kid! Everyone loves a warm drink made by someone else :) Easily double or triple the recipe, without making any adjustments to the measurements.
- If the spice level is a little too strong for you, use 1/4 - 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice.
- If you're looking for a pick me up, add a shot or two of espresso. We've tried this and it's TASTY!
- Consider adding: a tablespoon of collagen peptides to add some protein, a tablespoon of butter for some extra fats.